Sihanoukville seems pretty isolated to many but there is no boredom upon this destination. You remember the gorgeous tropical beaches 10 years ago – Koh Rong is under the good status and statement for you and your beloved’s privacy. Of course there are still resorts, spas, lounges and convenient stays here for your leisure, just less of the city light and strong WIFI, good for technology detox by the way. Our personal reference, Song Saa and Koh Rong provide best forms for outdoor recreation among Southeast Asia: beach yoga, snorkeling, scuba diving, watersport, cave exploration or more – Fascinating!
Here are must-visit islands and beaches in Cambodia:
- Song Saa: Vivid, exclusive with much tropical colors and fantastic recreation
- Koh Rong: The most famous island in Cambodia, renowned for its luxury villas and resorts.
- Koh Rong Samloem: Low impact of tourism, high level of privacy with small touch of luxury
- Koh Thmei: Tropical land, home to more than 100 different species of birds, monkeys, lizards and rich ecosystem. Perfect for exploration favor
- Koh Totang: Isolated, suitable for lone traveler with no internet and proper stays.
Unspoiled Jungles & Ecosystem
Phenomenal and diverse, those are so-so words to describe nature in Cambodia. With miles of intense jungle fauna, abundance of wild species living in, the land boasts an array of plenty, extensive ecosystems blending together under the lush green roofs.
Indeed, Cambodia is more or less facing the dangerous alert for poaching and illegal animal trade, yet, the country still strike hard towards the rehabilitation for wild animals, environment protection as well preservation activities. Outskirt of Phnom Penh, travelers can find the largest preservation in Cambodia, home to many kinds, the Phnom Tamao Rescue Center with rare beings of Asian tigers, elephants, sun bears and red-identified birds. A huge bond between human and wilderness can really be tightened in the land here, where you, your friends, your family members and kids are able to join hand pampering the elephants, camping among nature, seeing river dolphins in Kratie and participating in meaningful eco-friendly workshops.