Vietnam is a magical country that has a lot to offer for holiday travelers and adventurers alike. What visitors love when planning a vacation to Vietnam is that they can enjoy the beautiful chaos of cities like Hanoi Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) but the next day can snake through the countryside on the Mekong Delta.
If you are off to a beautiful heart, where timeless culture traits meet modern urban life, Hanoi will become your favorite spot touring on the Vespa. The spectacular city spans well from the green villages hidden next to the Red River, stretching to last fascinating bits of the Old Quarters and local residences built from after wars. In Hanoi, at best, start at the morning to watch sunset at Long Bien Bridge – the historical symbol of the city then swing back nature as visiting Co Loa quiet countryside, breeze down to local villages and farms, learning things in rural style, passing numerous valley and discovering the craftsmen’s ancient techniques for wooden carving.
Otherwise, stay in capital city line and track down iconic settings as of antique coffee shops, narrow streets, hidden houses and temples, museums, the rising-star Train Street under urban life right on the seam of rustic tracks. One must-see element that creates Hanoi gorgeous painting: the local markets. Whether you are into the greens or city, remember to sample the street food and authentic life happened in these busy places. If early birds are not who you are, try the after dark experience with much amount of Hanoi but less sunlight and intense heat. You will mostly join foodie, sight-seeing as well as showcase performance during the evening time. A fine snacks (actually full meals) of ‘bun cha’ or ‘pho’, light wandering ride around the streets then end up with ‘A O Show’ would be perfect for night owls.
Duration: From 4 to 8 hours
Best time to start:
- In the morning – 6.00 AM
- In the evening – 6.00 PM
- Countryside highlights include ancient capital of Co Loa, local farm, rice paddies, wood carving village, bamboo artisans’ houses
- City highlights include Long Bien Bridge and market, the Old Quarter, hidden houses and temples, Train Street
- Coffee and local cigarettes are stronger than the regular. Please consider before trying out anything
- Sunset/sunrise time in Hanoi can be different between 1 – 2 hours. Please contact us for precise timing
- Parking lots in Hanoi can be quite troublesome and traffic is complicated at rush hours so if you are not too confident about your driving skills, partner up with our guide
- The Train Street is rocky and unfamiliar routes. Be careful on your feet and dodge as local’s signal for incoming trains
Different from Hanoi, Saigon is merely young, refreshing and inspirational in a straightforward way. From the must-see land-marks to off-the-tourist trails, you will take a glimpse into the history and evolution of this city through each street, each sight and each pattern such as the great Asian creation of Gustave Eiffel – Saigon Cathedral and Post Office, the Reunification Palace where peace becomes eternal desire and reality for all Vietnamese people, Chinese District where you find the melting pot and salad bowl of Vietnam. Depending on the time of day you wish to take the tour, enjoy your café time or lunch and wrap up at the local markets.
Vespa does the good vintage feels to Saigon trip as much as it does for nightlife here. Indeed the evening in Ho Chi Minh City seems sleepless, fascinating with lots of scents and colors, especially at entertaining spots. Yet, you will see everything gets a bit of retro and old veil adding to the joy and landscapes. First, warm up at the themed café and local restaurants, where you can have couples glasses of beer before joining the whole city on bustling traffic. Live music, unwinding bars at center districts are up to your options.
Duration: From 4 hours
Best time to start:
- In the morning – 8.00 AM
- In the evening – 6.30 PM
- Must-see destinations include Saigon Post Office and Cathedral, Reunification Palace, Bird Club in the park (morning tour only), famous historic statue, flower Market, Chinese District, Chinese Temple, Pagoda of 10,000 Buddha’s, View of Saigon from District 2
- Parking lots in Ho Chi Minh City can be quite troublesome and traffic is complicated at rush hours so if you are not too confident about your driving skills, partner up with our guide
While in Saigon, detour for a scenic adventure that goes far beyond the concrete jungle of the city and into back roads and red dirt trails of the delta countryside – Mekong Delta.
You will cross dozens of bridges over many river tributaries, ride onto a river ferryboat, cruise through a vibrant riverside market, tour local cottage industries and sample some Vietnamese food and drink specialties. You will feel a world away from the city on this off-road ride.
Experienced and skilled riders can drive their own Vespa or automatic scooter, or you can enjoy the beautiful countryside scenery from the back of a restored classic Vespa.
Duration: From 6 hours
Best time to start: 8.00 AM
- Highlight of Mekong Delta is the local market. Cruising and tasting the vendor food as you want
- Bring comfortable shoes as you will walk, go up and down more than in city destinations
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are preferable as the weather here is rough
THAILAND: CHIANG MAI ADVENTURE