Siem Reap Art & Cocktails - 1 day
Seeking after-dark leisure besides the breath-taking temple relics of Angkor and uncharted journeys to Khmer villages in Cambodia?
Hop on a local tuk-tuk and take part in our memorable half-day trip, fetching most impressive contemporary art galleries and trendsetting bars over Siem Reap.
Your evening tour begins right before sunset, with different experiential styles. From Theam art-garden house, where you can grasp onto compelling Khmer tradition and composed boutique works, to innovative showcases at One Eleven Gallery, home and spiritual museum of modern creativity, or rotating in-house exhibitions at portrait gallery within The Village Café. A couple drinks between destinations would definitely add up great joy to your sight and sense revel as we will offer you the best from signature collections, plus, delightful sidekick platters.
Taste art and cocktails your own way!
- Ride through the town and indulge in magnificent views on tuk-tuk
- Visit Theam’s House, a fascinating atelier with spectacular Khmer art collection, purchasable boutique souvenirs and stay tune for a refreshing drink in the tropical garden before sunset
- Stop by One Eleven Gallery Contemporary for bold showcases of Gonzo-esque artists and enjoy the signature Barnum Was Right or a glass of rosé sparkling
- Cherish private time with delicious dim sum platters, duck pancakes and local’s recommended cocktails at Miss Wong, one of the most original and fantastic fusion bars in Siem Reap
- Conclude the day at The Village Café, housing both a contemporary portrait gallery with rotating exhibitions and a lively expat bar, where you can find extraordinary desserts and unique cocktail recipes
The tour starts at 5.30 PM. Your tuk tuk driver and guide will pick you up at the hotel before sunset.
First, visit Theam’s House, a fascinating atelier and private wooden home hidden among the tropical greens in Kokchak District, Siem Reap. This tranquil place belongs to Mr. Theam, who survived the war in Cambodia in the late 70s – early 80s and later became a refugee in France. Experienced the lost and pain, he still stays positive and owns great drives to cultivate his profound love for art and technical knowledge. Theam reunites with those he once left behind in his beloved country and settles his house, contributing to Cambodia, Khmer art and culture exhibition as well as education research. Now his expertise is on hand to give visitors an insight into a distinctive world of art and instruction into creating their own creative pieces – be it painting, sculpting, or lacquerware. You will have a chance to talk to these devoted artists, browse through stunning Khmer art pieces or boutique souvenirs, later on, stay tune for a refreshing drink in his lovely garden.
Next stop is One Eleven Gallery, where displays bold Gonzo-esque contemporary art works, from Christian Develter’s ‘Chin’ to Antal Gabelic’s refined Angkor Mandela series. You can sit back, enjoy all bustles from the patio and maybe, dare yourself to try the signature drink here – the Barnum Was Right! – a heady mix of gin and apricot brandy, or just a charming glass of rosé while wallowing in extravagant surroundings.
Feel hungry? Then head to Miss Wong, one of the most original and fantastic fusion bars in Siem Reap. This speakeasy gem offers not only favorable cocktails but also a great choice for the intimate dining experience. You can try the dim sum platters, duck pancakes and a interesting Shanghai’s dishes at a private booth and soak up the night so far by some boozing recipes. Drinks are taken seriously here, mostly with infused vodkas and gins. Our recommendation: Spice things up by Rose and Lemongrass Martini!
Finally, conclude your day at The Village Cafe, housing both a contemporary portrait gallery with rotating exhibitions and a lively expat bar. You can find extraordinary desserts and unique cocktail recipes here. If you are not too sensitive over caffeine, we suggest the famous Espresso Martini, an effective energy-booster and sleep-killer that can keep you up partying until early hours. Otherwise, warm and soothing Ginger Martini is just fine for the night!
Tour Price Includes:
- All activities and entrance fees as mentioned in the program
- Meals as indicated in the program
- A sharing platter of tasty Chinese treats at Miss Wong
- Dessert at The Village Café
- 01 drink per person at each location, based on a selected choice of cocktails, wine or beer
- Local English speaking guide
- Local transportation (max. 02 persons/ tuk-tuk)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person on tour
- Government tax and service charge
Tour Price Excludes:
- Food and drinks other than mentioned in the program
- Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
- Optional excursions and activities
- Items of personal nature (phone calls, beverages and drinks, laundry, expenses, etc)