Bangkok City & Klong Tour - 1 day
This day tour offers the best & exclusive ways to explore the vibrant Bangkok city in one day with the promise of seeing iconic sights, tasting local cuisines and enjoy a fun-filled tuk tuk ride from places to places. For a whole morning, you will spend time on typical sightseeing and visiting the most iconic landmarks of Thailand such as the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Phra Keow. Then, the excitement built in as you board the traditional long-tail boat to explore the other side of Bangkok – a more authentic and more local immersive experience for sure! As the boat leisurely navigates the mosaic of canals (known as klong in Thai), you will see for yourself the life of local folks unfold on the backdrop of house on stilts and monitor lizards swimming by.
- Explore the iconic landmarks: the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Phra Keow
- Float along the mosaic of city canals and see the other, more authentic side of Bangkok
- Enjoy a fun-filled ride on famous local tuk tuk
Tour Price Includes:
- All transfers and transportation with air-conditioned vehicles
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees as indicated in the program
Tour Price Excludes:
- Tips for tour guides and drivers
- Any optional arrangements or services before, during, or after tour
- Items of a personal nature (phone calls, laundry, beverages and drinks…)
- All services not clearly mentioned as ‘Included’
Meet your guide in the hotel’s lobby at around 8:30.
This morning, your guide will lead you to explore Bangkok’s most iconic landmarks including Grand Palace, Wat Pho and stop for a delicious lunch at local restaurant.
Wat Phra Keow and the Grand Palace are definitely the most beautiful and impressive attractions in Bangkok. You will see marvelous palace-buildings, which were used for different occasions: the Funeral Palace, the Reception Palace, the Throne Hall, the Coronation Hall, the Royal Guest House, and the Emerald Buddha Temple.
Just around the corner from the Wat Phra Keio and the Grand Palace is the equally impressive Wat Pho. Dozens of ornately decorated spires have been constructed in between the many stunning temple buildings.
Then, you will transfer by tuk tuk to the Tha Chang pier and board a classic long-tail boat for a nice introductory trip to Bangkok’s other side!
For around 1 hour, have a great time seeing the local life revolving around the river and its network of ‘klongs’ (canals). In some ways, it is a trip through the past where you’ll see wooden houses on stilts, local folks doing their laundry/washing up/taking a bath in the klong, monitor lizards suddenly swimming by, and lots of other fascinating sights.
Your day ends as the boat reaches Phra Arthit pier where you disembark and transfer back to hotel by tuk tuk.