Houeyxay to Luang Prabang by private cruise - 2 days
Cruising across the border between Thailand and Laos to reach to Luang Prabang is one of the most favorite activities while traveling to Southeast Asia. Board on a traditional Long Boat and start your scenic journey along the mighty Mekong River. Observe the local life on both sides of the river to catch a first impression of the country and its inhabitants. This great two-day trip will provide you a superb insight into this fascinating nation and can be extended into a longer holiday exploring the neighbouring countries.
- Enjoy the scenic route along the mighty Mekong
- Observe the local life on shore to get a first impression of the country and its inhabitants
- Cruise to visit Pak Ou Caves, enjoy the splendid natural scenery along the way
Tour Price Includes:
- 1 night Hotel in Pakbeng, accommodation in twin/double room ( the price is base on twin share with your friends/family. Incase of single room, single supplement will be applied)
- English speaking guide on boat
- Private boat trip from Houeyxay – Pakbeng –Luang Prabang (with a stop at Pak ou cave)
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches,1 Dinner. Lunch prepare on boat by your local chef
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day
Tour Price Excludes:
- Transfer to Huay Xai. We will pick you up at Laos side.
- Visa to Laos
- Food and Drink not mention in the itinerary
- Tips at your goodwill
- Travel Insurances
- Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
- All not mentioned above
Today you cross the border at Houeyxay. Arrive at the Laos side where the local tour guide will meet you and welcome you to Laos.
In Laos, you will board on a traditional Long Boat and start your cruise towards Pakbeng. Enjoy the scenic route along the mighty Mekong and observe the local life on shore to get a first impression of the country and its inhabitants.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: There are 2 hotel ranges for your selection, please scroll down
App 6 hour boat ride
After breakfast, continue your cruise downstream to Luang Prabang.
Enjoy a lunch on boat. En route you will stop at Pak Ou, located 25 km upriver from Luang Prabang right on the river bank at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Ou Rivers, Pak Ou Caves are a well-known Buddhist pilgrimage site with many statues and statuettes of the Buddha in the traditional Luang Prabang style. You will go by boat to Pak Ou Caves, enjoy splendid natural scenery along the way and observe local fishermen and daily activities along the river. Pak Ou Caves, locally called Tam Ting, are filled with thousands of gold lacquered Buddha statues. The caves are noted for their miniature Buddha sculptures. Hundreds of wooden Buddhist figures take many different positions, including meditation, teaching, peace, rain and reclining (nirvana).
Arrival in Luang Prabang and transfer to your Hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
App. 6 hours boat ride
Standard Upstairs Room
Sanctuary Pakbeng Lodge