Handcrafted travel experiences carefully curated for each traveler.
Responsible Travel Commitment
Animal Welfare Policy
As a leading travel specialist in South East Asia, we believe we have to set a standard for responsible and sustainable travel.
We just completed a full review of all the animal sanctuaries we associate with in line with our objectives, which are to avoid promoting any kind of unacceptable practices involving ‘animal tourism’.
In line with our commitment to Environmental Protection, we have adopted the Five Freedoms Framework that pertains to the welfare of animals under human control. This will form the basis of any future audits we will carry out to get our association.
Five Freedoms Framework:
- Good Feeding: Absence of hunger or thirst
Good Housing: Comfort whilst resting, thermal comfort and ease of movement
- Good Health: Absence of injuries, disease, and pain caused by inappropriate management
- Appropriate Behavior: A Positive emotional state through the expression of social and natural behaviors, indicating good human-animal relationships
- Protection from Fear and Distress: Absence of physical modifications and general fear with an ability to seek refuge
- Sens Asia does not participate in or promote any wildlife experiences that are deemed to be ‘unnatural’ interactions such as elephant riding, tiger petting or swimming with dolphins.