SEE ALL EAT WELL: Luang Prabang - 4 days
Meet new friends and enjoy a slow time in Luang Prabang, Laos. The former royal capital of Laos and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site emanates peace and wellness living style.
During 4 days here you will treat your eyes to the intricate details decorating the town’s ancient temples and enjoy a panoramic view over the town, situated at the point where two rivers merge, from a top Mt Phousi. Besides visiting all the best highlights of Luang Prabang.
This trip is a perfect when combine with the small group departure every other Sunday to Vietnam.
- Sense the tranquil atmosphere in Luang Prabang
- Step up to the panoramic view point of Phousi Mountain
- Discover Pak Ou cave by Mekong River
- Capture colorful night market in Luang Prabang
- Admire the beauty of Kuang Si waterfall
Tour Price Includes:
- 03 nights’ shared Accommodation in twin/double room
- Daily breakfast at hotels
- 3 lunches and 1 dinner included with “Eat well” standard
- All transfers and transportation with air-con vehicles
- Private boat for the group to Pak Ou Cave
- Local English speaking guide
- All entrance fees as mentioned in program
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person on sightseeing days
Tour Price Excludes:
- International and domestic airfares
- Visa fee (if visa required)
- Single supplement
- Pre and post arrangements (transfer, tour, accommodation and other services)
- Meals (other than mentioned in the program)
- Tipping Etiquette for tour guides and drivers which is an entirely personal gesture however we recommend you allow US$ 3 – US$ 6 per day per traveller)
- Early check in or late check out
- Travel Insurances
- Optional excursions and activities
- Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
- Items of a personal nature (Phone calls, laundry, beverages…)
- All not mentioned above
Welcome to Luang Prabang, Laos. Your guide and driver will meet you at the airport for transfer to your hotel where you are free at leisure to refresh.
Accommodation: Sala Prabang Hotel – Classic Room
Suggestion for tonight at your free time:
- Browse the night market, packed with street food, textiles hand-crafted by the region’s hill tribe people, and friendly chatter from the vendors.
- For a chill drink: suggest Tangor restaurant on the main street. Do not need to reserve seats.
This morning starts your day and climb the 328 steps up Mount Phousi, which dominates the Luang Prabang skyline and offers a panorama over the city and spectacular views.
Visit the National Museum located in the former Royal Palace, where you can view treasures of Laos’ royal past, as well as the Prabang, a sacred Buddha image which gives the town its name. Continue to Wat Mai and continue walk to visit the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre. Showing you more about Laos’ Ethnic group especially, minorities around the country.
Lunch and refreshing time before we continue with the afternoon sightseeing.
In the afternoon, Visit the meditation exhibition at the tipping point of the peninsula, continue to visit Wat Xieng Thong, Luang Prabang largest temple known for its expansive Tree of Life mural telling the story of Buddhism.
Depend on the water level, walk your way down to Mekong river sand bank to amaze the beautiful sunset and enjoy some quiet time as the day break away.
Tonight, dinner at Son Phao restaurant and see the Laos traditional dance.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation:Sala Prabang Hotel – Classic Room
Start your day with a visit to the morning market where all the vendors from surrounding village gather to sell their products from the garden. Later have a bowl of noodle and a cup of local coffee before going to the fall.
Then drive out into the countryside to reach Khuang Si Waterfalls, a tiered fall in a lush forest setting where you can take a cooling swim or simply relax and enjoy the scenery.
Return way to Luang Prabang make a stop at Ock Pop Tok, set in a tropical Mekong garden it opens doors to learning about Lao textiles and crafts. Bringing alive our concept of east meets west, the center is a place where you can meet silk weavers, craft artisans and silkworms.
Come back and enjoy your free afternoon at leisure to discover the town.
Meals: Breakfast, Picnic Lunch by the fall
Accommodation: Sala Prabang Hotel – Classic Room
Option (subjects to additional surcharge):
- Rise early to join the locals lining up to offer food to the Buddhist monks walking back from morning prayers.
- For dinner: Suggest to have a “Pizza hideaway” tonight, since the pizza places in and around town are such a nice treat. Best with Phan Luang Pizza in Ban Phan Luang or Secret Pizza on Ban Nasamphanh.
After breakfast, aboard a boat and head up-river to visit the Pak Ou Caves, a popular pilgrimage site with thousands of Buddha images. From your boat, watch local fishermen in their work, and on your return trip stop by a riverside village to chat with the locals and see what life is like here.
Afternoon, transfer to airport for your flight to the next destination.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch