Hoi An Cycling & Farming - 1 day
Hoi An is well-known for its beautiful architecture and lantern-strewn streets, which have won the hearts of many travelers. Cycling around the streets, you will find lovely quiet lanes and hidden beauty that is overlooked when traveling by other vehicles. Pedal over to the rice fields, and immerse yourself in the grain’s fresh fragrance. While cycling, you’ll also drop by a rural household that creates delicately woven sedge mats, a practice that has been alive in Vietnam for two centuries. You will be impressed by farmers’ transformation of the plain-looking sedge (a grass-like plant), into colorful, beautiful mats. While at the household, you can also learn how fresh vegetables are grown in central Vietnam.
You can rest up after all your cycling and farming by jumping on a soothing, hour-long boat cruise along the river, then you’ll hop off the boat and enjoy a delicious lunch in a garden house.
Cycling around Hoi An on this tour not only provides you with stunning scenery, but also allows you to experience a taste of the daily life of its people.
- Cycling around the ancient town
- Discovering the quiet lanes – the hidden beauty of Hoi An
- Taking in the peaceful atmosphere of the rice fields
- Visiting a local family and learning how they make sedge mats
- Enjoying farming with local people
- Hopping on a boat trip along the river with a host from Hoi An
Tour Price Includes:
- All transfers with air-con vehicles and boat as mentioned.
- Bike at good condition
- English speaking guide
- All entrance fees in tour
- 2 bottle of waters
- Meals (Lunch) as indicated in the program
Tour Price Excludes:
- Personal expenses, food and drink not mentioned above.
- Mineral water beyond that supplied
- Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
- All not mentioned above
Start your day by pedaling through ancient roads and beautiful rice fields.
After one-hour cycling, you will visit an authentic Hoi An village. The one we’ll take you to is well-known for its traditional dry-grass sedge mats. The production methods have been kept for hundreds of years, from generation to generation.
As Vietnam is an agricultural country, it would be a shame not to see how the local farmers work. Walking through the vegetable gardens and participating in their work, you will realize the beauty of their simple, agricultural lives. After hanging out with the locals and helping out on the farm, it’s time to relax by jumping local boat, taking in the sights of the soothing river, and letting all your worries melt away.
You will disembark after about one hour of cruising, then have lunch in a garden house. After lunch, you have the option of hopping back on your bike and rolling into town, or if you’re feeling tired, our driver can transfer you back.